Sunday, September 26, 2010

Because Ness did it too.

1) List every job you've ever had! EVER!!

Babysitter, Blockbuster Video, Resident Adviser, Macy's, Johnny Carino's, Blue Cross & Blue Shield, Bert & Ernie's, student, wife, mom (those count too)

2) What's one of the most exciting things about raising children (so far)?

I love the feeling I get when Deegyn doesn't feel good and wants only me. I also love that I have taught him so much in his short little life. I love when I pick him up from daycare everyday and I get butterflies in my stomach because I am so excited to see him. But, by far, the greatest thing is his laugh. It's so big and he squeals!

3) What is your favorite memory with your grandparents?

My Grandma and I were kindred spirits. She was always so calm, and I loved that she payed attention to all her grandchildren equally...she never had favorites. But my favorite memory would be her trying to teach me piano, and the last time I ever saw her we went for a long walk, just me and her, and I told her my aspirations in life. When I found out she had died, I literally collapsed.

4) What is the hardest thing about being a parent?

Well there are no directions. What we do someone else may not agree with. The worst thing has been when he was born and seeing him in the NICU. I didn't like having to ask someone else if I could touch my baby. Being a parent is the most challenging thing I've ever done, but the most rewarding.

5) What are you most proud of in your life?

I'm proud I'm still here. I'm proud I picked myself up out the deepest darkest place there is. I'm proud that at this point of my life, I'm juggling 3974398473 different things and it's not that bad. I'm proud for never giving up. I'm most proud of how happy my son is. He loves life, and is a lover. Those blue eyes of his hold more wisdom than I will ever have in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment