Friday, July 30, 2010

Excited all over again!

I just re-read my acceptance letter that I received in June from my program and got really excited all over again! I also have a few emails from the program directors/teachers and got really giddy. I can't wait to do my clinicals...over 20 hours a week I get to be in the field and doing what I love. I am excited to meet people who feel the same way I do, and am excited to learn about everything. I can't even begin to imagine what I'll see. One part of me is going to feel sad for the patients, but the other part of me is going to be excited to be able to help them. My part will be insignificant, yet important. Scans of any type for the body are important. I have had a lot of scans done personally (hello accident prone), and although the things like mammography and radiation therapy are foreign to me, I do know many people that have survived cancer and I look forward to helping them in their fight. I look forward to the over-nighters being on call. I am soooo beyond ready for school to start. I am realizing that those other 8 people who got in to the program are going to become sort of like my second family. We are get to pour our hearts in to that program, and I am actually a little bit sad already for when graduation gets here. I won't see most of them ever again :( Wow, I'm totally being sappy and girly. Pffft. Oh well.

It's nice to know my hard work has paid off. It's awesome to have that recognition, and even though I shouldn't gloat, I love it every time someone finds out that I got in to the program and goes "wow, that's really hard to get in to." Ha, damn right! That's really snobby to say, but it is how I feel. I did it myself. Nobody did it for me. I had to work my ass off to get where I am at, and I like being proud of myself. I don't need anybody else to recognize what I've done...it's great to finally be proud of what I've done and what I'm about to do.

I remember graduation day in May...ugh..one of the coolest days of my life. The wave of emotions that continually came over me were astounding. I was so proud to be wearing that gown and walking across the stage. I loved seeing Deegyn when it was over, knowing that my hard work was for him; to give him a better life. I'm excited to go through that whole process again in two years. Except it will mean twice as much...because the hard work will seem like it wasn't that hard, and it will seem as though time flied, but I will feel so accomplished.

The best part is that in two years, when I graduate again, we get to try to give Deegyn another sibling, and I get to try and find a job...and begin my actual career!! And maybe possibly find a new, bigger, updated house to spend the rest of our lives in. I love having possibilities, and I love that because of who Joe and I are as people, we have those options to do more.

Today is a good day. Even the snotty people at Target didn't bother me! Although when I'm hanging out with my bestie slurping coffee, not much seems to get us down. It's unfortunate that not all people laugh as much as we do.

On that note, I hope it rains. (hahahaha)

1 comment:

  1. You should totally gloat! I mean BIG TIME. I would if I were you. I would "casually" bring it up in every conversation I had...ever.

    And yes, people are jealous that we are life partners and both stay-at-home-moms on welfare with a nice car that the government paid for with tax dollars! hahahahahah! Seriously. We are awesome!

    ReplyDelete